A lot of people have been asking me lately if building an email list is still relevant these days with all the social platforms available.
My answer is simple: Yes.
People still check their emails.
Is that enough of a reason for you to build your list? But let me give you more, in case that’s not enough…
- Very useful in case one day Instagram or Facebook decides to either: close or charge you for every time you want to reach a fan.
- It’s a direct communication with your customers. Nobody can decide how and when you reach them. Nobody can “control” your email list… it’s all yours!
- It’s a powerful traffic channel for your website. It’s easy to integrate links in an email and fire it off very quickly. You can send customers to blog posts, products, or anything about you on the web.
- People on your email list are more likely to buy from you. In fact, when someone gives you their email, it’s a very meaningful commitment. They are not only “following back” or liking just because your page looks cool. They are actually interested and engaged with your brand.
- You can use your list to create targeted Facebook ads. Simply create an audience on Facebook with your list and you can show them any ad in their feed.
Need more convincing? Start (or keep) building your list.